We request 24 hours to review the booking before confirmation.
Last Key Realty requests 24 hours to review your booking request prior to confirming the reservation. Should your booking request be denied, your credit card would be refunded the full amount paid without penalty. Online booking requests are not considered confirmed until a formal electronic contract is signed and returned to LKR.
Last Key Realty RENTAL AGREEMENT
This contract is made by and between Last Key Realty, Inc., hereafter referred to as "the Manager", and "The Guest" as named above: PREMISES: THE MANAGER RESERVES for the Guest, for the lease term shown, the home located at the address as shown above, which is as depicted on THE MANAGER`S website at the time of reservation. THE MANAGER does not own this home and is renting it to Guest on behalf of THE OWNER. THE MANAGER is authorized by THE OWNER to agree to Rental Agreement on Owner`s behalf.
ADVANCE RENTAL DEPOSIT: In order to hold and confirm this reservation, THE MANAGER requires payment of 50% of the total rent and tax. The balance of rent, tax and additional fees is payable in full 60 days prior to check-in.
TAXES: Guest acknowledges that THE MANAGER will collect 7.5% Florida State & County Tax and 5% Tourism Tax, based on the "special rate" for the term of the Agreement, and will pay such taxes to the appropriate tax collectors when due. DAMAGE REPAIR SERVICE: As a part of your stay, you may purchase a Damage Repair Service plan designed to cover unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay. If purchased, the repair service will pay a maximum benefit of $1,500 (for service fees of $69 or under) or $3,000 (for service fees of $70 or over.) Any damages that exceed $1,500/$3,000 or are not covered under the repair service will be charged to the credit card on file. Certain terms and conditions apply. If you do not wish to purchase the Damage Repair Service, a $1,500 or $3,000 damage deposit will be required (level of deposit is based on the property being rented.)
ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE: Accidental damage protection is included for any damages or accidents, subject to exclusions and limitations that occur to the premises during your rental period, up to $3000. Any damage or accident that is not covered under the policy will be the responsibility of the leaseholder.
UTILITY DEPOSIT: A returnable deposit will be collected as security to pay for documented electric and gas usage in excess of $100 per month. The utility reconciliation may take up to 45 days from departure date due to energy company bill posting dates.
RETURNED CHECKS: Guest shall be responsible for a $50.00 fee for checks returned by the bank for non-payment.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Guest may cancel this Agreement without obligation and is entitled to a full refund of any deposits made, less a cancellation fee of 5% of total rental costs and any credit card charges incurred (typically 2% of any monies charged and/or credited), if THE MANAGER receives written cancellation at least 60 days prior to Guest`s scheduled Check-In date. If cancellation is NOT received prior to those periods, all monies received are agreed upon as liquidated damages unless LKR is able to lease Premises for exact same term. In the event of accidental double booking, Guest is entitled to a full refund of all moneys paid to date. Or, at the election of Guest, Manager shall provide Guest with alternative accommodations acceptable to Guest. MANAGER shall not be responsible for non-refundable airfares or any other damages beyond refund of rental deposit. CONSTRUCTION: Construction of new attractions and accommodations often occurs in areas of high tourism. Guests will not be moved or receive rate adjustments or rebates for inconvenience due to construction, road repair, etc. HURRICANE/STORM POLICY: If a mandatory evacuation is called during a guest`s stay, it is required that Guests follow the instruction of LKR. If guests opt to remain in property they do so at their own risk and expense. Refunds will not be issued for such interruptions. LKR strongly recommends guests take out a trip insurance policy to cover possible cancellation or trip interruptions, prompted by but not limited to weather conditions.
This reservation is non-refundable in the event of a hurricane or weather event unless travel insurance is purchased, and coverage shall be determined at the discretion of the insurance company.
- Guest shall take care of the Premises, its appliances and furnishings and maintain the unit in a neat and sanitary condition. Guest will leave unit in the same condition as at check-in, including furniture placement. Guest shall be responsible for negligent or wrongful act of their Guests.
- NO SMOKING IS PERMITTED WITHIN THE PREMISES.
- Guest shall not use the Premises for disorderly or unlawful purposes or in any manner offensive to others or in any manner, which would constitute breach of the peace. Guest shall comply with all laws, rules & regulations applicable to the Premises, including applicable condominium or homeowner associations. Non- compliance with this provision will result in eviction and forfeiture of all monies paid to date.
- No occupants under the age of 25 are allowed unless accompanied by a parent or other legal guardian. Guest may be required to show proof of age at check- in. Non-compliance with this provision will result in denial of occupancy and forfeiture of all monies paid to date.
- Guest shall not sublet Premises or allow anyone to share Premises without THE MANAGER`s prior written consent. At no time shall there be in occupancy more than the maximum number of persons as indicated above. Any additional guest beyond the number listed in the contract, remaining in the premises more than seven (7) consecutive or non-consecutive days will result in an additional charge of $500 per person.
- UTILITIES: GUESTS renting the premises for 28 days or more shall reimburse owner for electric and propane utility usage over $100.00 per month. Owner shall provide to the Guest copies of Keys Energy electric bills and Suburban Propane gas bills, which will be payable upon receipt. Utility reconciliation may take an excess of 45 days from departure due to energy company posting dates.
- THE OWNER allows pets in the premises that permit pet occupancy with prior consent, and with payment of a non-refundable pet occupancy fee.
- GUEST SHALL RETURN ALL ISSUED KEYS TO THE MANAGER UPON DEPARTURE. Guest will lock unit and place all keys in a place designated in advance by THE MANAGER. If keys are not returned, replacement cost to guest is $20 for standard keys, $50 for card keys, $100 for Primus Lock keys.
- Violation of any of the rules and regulations of the Premises may result in immediate removal and forfeiture of all monies paid to date if not cured immediately upon written notice from Manager to Guest.
- INCIDENTAL CHARGES: Incidental charges for services requested by Guest such as interim cleaning, provisioning, and special items will be automatically charged to the credit card on file.
THE OWNER'S RESPONSIBILITIES:
THE OWNER agrees to provide the Premises in clean condition. THE OWNER agrees to provide maintenance and repairs as required. THE OWNER agrees to allow for the full use and quiet enjoyment of the Premises by Guest as defined by state law during the term of this agreement provided the Guest abides by all terms of this Agreement. The Premises shall conform in all material respects to the advertisement for the Premises provided by Manager. All equipment and furnishings, including air conditioning, pool, electric and plumbing will be maintained in good working order at OWNER`S expense and bedding will be in good condition. THE OWNER of the unit will NOT be responsible for loss, theft or injuries sustained by the Guest.
ATTORNEY`S FEES AND COSTS: In the event that any action is required by THE MANAGER or OWNER to enforce this Agreement, THE OWNER & MANAGER shall be entitled to recover its damages and expenses including reasonable attorney`s fees.
WAIVER AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY FOR OWNER OF VACATION RENTAL HOME: The undersigned guest(s) hereby indemnify, hold harmless and forever discharge the owners of the home described herein, their agents, staff, employees, successors and assigns from any and all claims, demands, debts, contracts, expenses, causes of action, lawsuits, damages and liabilities, of every kind and nature, including any claims of owner or employee negligence, whether known or unknown, in law or equity, that guests ever may have, arising from or in any way related to their stay on the premises. All guests understand that their presence on this property may expose them to dangerous conditions including but not limited to hazards whether man-made or natural such as bricks and sharp rocks and animals, both wild and domestic, including snakes, iguanas, insects, spiders, bees, wasps, cats and dogs. On behalf of all guests, their heirs, assigns and next of kin, the undersigned waives all claims for damages, injuries and death sustained to themselves or their property that they may have against the aforementioned released party due to such conditions. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Owner will be responsible for damages or losses caused by Owners or its agents gross negligence or willful misconduct, or to the extent that Owners` insurance covers such loss or damages incurred by Guest. By this Waiver, the undersigned and accompanying guests assume any risk, and take full responsibility and waive any claims of personal injury, death or damage to personal property associated with the rental home described above, including but not limited to man-made hazards associated with the property such as slippery shower basins, staircases, balconies, porches, swimming pool and natural hazards such as holes, ditches, culverts, falling or fallen trees and branches, falling or fallen coconuts, plants and bushes with sharp thorns, fence pickets, uneven bricks or other irregularities of the property for any use including: walking, jogging, dining, swimming, sun bathing or any other use on and off the premises, whether or NOT attributable to personal neglect or fault, including use of all bicycles, scooters, electric carts and cars or motorized vehicles whether deemed safe or otherwise. The undersigned further understands the owners of the home described herein, their agents, staff, employees, successors and assigns make no warranties, either expressed or implied, as to the inherent safety of the premises, and that the undersigned and guests are using said property at their own risk. Further, it is specifically stated that the property has not been child proofed and that children must be supervised at all times to prevent injury and harm. This CONTRACT, WAIVER AND RELEASE contains the entire agreement between the parties, and supersedes any prior written or oral agreements between them concerning the subject matter of this WAIVER AND RELEASE. The provisions of this WAIVER AND RELEASE may be waived, altered, amended or repealed, in whole or in part, only upon the prior written consent of all parties. The provision of this WAIVER AND RELEASE will continue in full force and effect even after the termination of the rental of the premises. Notwithstanding the terms of the above waiver, owner and agent, each individually and not on behalf of the other, agree to be liable for any damages caused by their gross and/or intentional negligence.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT: I have read, understand and fully agree to the terms of this CONTRACT, WAIVER AND RELEASE. I understand and confirm that by signing this CONTRACT, WAIVER AND RELEASE I have given up considerable future legal rights. I have signed this Agreement freely, voluntarily, under no duress or threat of duress, without inducement, promise or guarantee being communicated to me. My signature is proof of my intention to execute a complete and unconditional CONTRACT, WAIVER AND RELEASE of all liability to the full extent of the law. I am 18 year of age or older and mentally competent to enter into this waiver. This Agreement and its terms and provisions will include any minors who accompany me or who are under my care. I further agree that I shall assume responsibility for watching and caring for the minor`s safety and guarding against all hazards, whether explicitly mentioned in this WAIVER AND RELEASE or otherwise.